Nothing beats a delicious, homemade marinara sauce. Fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion, brown sugar, and shredded fresh basil leaves.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 11 Cups
- Difficulty Level Super Easy
- (4.2 /5)
- (30 Rating)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8.8 lbs tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 2. Add tomato and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve