Create this sensational Italian sausage and pasta meal quickly and easily. Just use a few sheets of fresh lasagne!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 lbs
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 anchovies in oil, drained, chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g Italian pork and fennel sausages
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- Shaved parmesan and fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add anchovies, if using, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Squeeze sausages from casings. Discard casings. Add sausage mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 2. Add tomato to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, tear lasagne sheets into long strips. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- 4. Add sauce to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve topped with parmesan and basil.